Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

When I was a perfect little girl*, my dad used to buy me a pretty heart-shaped box of candy every Valentines Day.
photo credit: Dan4th
Sometimes it had flowers, sometimes it was velvety,


But it was always just mine and I knew I was very special.


But back in those dark ages, kids didn't get candy at every opportunity the way ours do.  Or maybe my parents just hid it from me.  Candy was special.  They weren't throwing it at parades down in my neck of the woods.


So I like to buy my boys a box of Valentine's Day because of what it meant to me.  But with candy-at-every corner, I'm not sure they'll remember it the same way.  Also, because they're boys.



But, still, I wanted to get them something. I found these cute boxes by Whitman's.  
No bows, no velvet, but just right for my boys!  


How do you celebrate with your kids?  Do you buy candy?  A gift?  A special card?  


Whatever you do, I hope you have a great day!  




*Go ahead and ask him.


2 comments:

tamaqui said...

Sweet, in several ways!

Heather said...

My kids get so much candy from school friends that I usually get them a Webkinz or something like that (for the older ones) and D got a little play kitchen that I got on clearance at Target for $3! :)