Friday, February 11, 2011

Easy Enchiladas

I am all about easy and quick when it comes to cooking.  Here is an Easy Chicken & Cheese Enchiladas recipe I use that gets gobbled up by all my picky eaters!

prep: 10 minutes      bake: 40 minutes 

ingredients
1 can condensed cream of chicken soup (we use cream of celery sometimes)
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup pace picante sauce (I use my favorite salsa "Archer Farms rasperry thick & chunky salsa) feel free to use your favorite salsa
2 tsp. chili powder
2 cups chopped cooked chicken
1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (we sometimes use mexican cheese)
6 flour tortillas (6") warmed (I use 8 or more)
1 small tomato chopped
1 green onion sliced

1. stir soup, sour cream, picante sauce, chili powder in medium bowl.
2. stir 1 cup picante sauce mixture, chicken and cheese in large bowl.
3. divide chicken mixture among tortillas. roll up the tortillas and place seamside up in 2qt shallow baking dish.  pour remaining picante sauce mixture over filled tortillas.
4. bake at 350 for 40 minutes or until enchiladas are hot and bubbling.  top with tomato and onion.

please note, it takes me more than 10 minutes of prep because 1-4 of my kids wants something from me that just can't wait. much like the second I get on the phone:)

No comments: