Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Reduce

It is the word of the month. We are working on reducing our "stuff" especially with the onslaught of new stuff coming. The boys are trying to make sense of all their books and toys, who needs what and wants what. The logic and reasoning of a seven and four year old makes me smile in so many moments.

We are trying to reduce the amount of time we spend out and away from our home and center. Granted, we have three weekends in a row that are booked with friends, but at least it is in our home.

We are trying to reduce our spending, reduce our consumption, reduce our waste, and reduce our complacency with a world that pushes busy and efficient. Frankly, I'm tired because of both.

It is 65 degrees out today...in November. If we don't drop our worldly commitments of schedule and errands to breathe that in, we are missing something beautiful - and I want to reduce the amount of missed moments as well.
Simply slow down is my mantra this month, and it is amazing how often I have to say it.

1 comment:

Heather said...

This sounds like a wonderful idea. I may have to try it too.