Monday, January 25, 2010

work at home

i'm a work at home mom, i own a stationery company and i have 4 young children a dream come true. working at home has it's pros and cons though. my main pro is that i get to be home with my 4 amazing children, be there when they wake up, be there when they go to bed and be there everywhere in between. my main con is that i live where i work. which can be hard to separate & can be hard to fit in any length of work time during daylight hours.

on days when my mom isn't here helping, if i have work to get done, i head to the office when the babies are napping and the big kids are playing. sometimes, i am summoned to see their creations like this...
dinosaur land...almost the entire herd heading somewhere and staged just perfectly. while my heart usually skips a beat at seeing the mess, i'm truly amazed at the thought, care and imagination that went into placing each dinosaur or toy and the fact that i was able to get an hour of uninterrupted work. so i show my enthusiasm while they show me around and tell me all about dinosaur land.

2 comments:

Heather said...

I usually end up doing all my work at night after the kids are in bed. Makes for some very late nights sometimes!

stelie + co. said...

Me too, which is hard when my kids are up at 5am and not all my kids sleep thru the night either.