Thursday, January 21, 2010

A great kids series...



My daughter's imagination and interest in books really took off with Mary Pope Osbourne's Magic tree House Series. I enjoyed her reading the books as much as she did, as the excitement of the story or the silliness of the characters led to many discussions. And yes, I have to admit, I read many of them myself...

The titles are catchy and make us laugh... what is Mummies in the Morning about? Will it be scary? What about the Haunted Castle on Hallows Eve? What will the two main characters: Jack and Annie get themselves into this week? There are many books in the series, 44 in all. But I found them readily available at the library or very cheaply priced at second hand book stores or Goodwill.

2 comments:

Heather said...

We have not read any of these yet! We should pick some up I suppose!

Kirsetin Morello said...

My kids love these, too, and my older boys will still re-read them occasionally. If you haven't read them, another series your daughter might like is the A to Z mysteries by Ron Roy. Don't you love it when you can enjoy their books a bit, too?!